DUI defenses: DUI defenses must carefully be selected by your attorney. The best defense strategies are those that will prove to be the most effective given the unique facts of your case.
What Makes a Good Phoenix AZ Criminal Defense Lawyer the Best
The Best DUI Lawyers Choose the Right Defense Strategies
For starters, the Best DUI defense lawyers in Phoenix AZ, chooses the right defenses and Defense strategies. Effective defenses must be carefully selected and tailored to fit each defendant's set of circumstances. A good criminal defense lawyer understands that certain defenses used in one case, may not apply in another. Any attorney who says most DUI cases are "standard" or "cookie cutter", most likely does not defend DUI cases on a regular basis or every client is unique, as is the circumstances, evidence and facts surrounding the case. Thus, their defense case must be unique as well in order to be successful. A defense strategy for one client to get a case dismissed may result in a poor outcome for another.
DUI Lawyers in Phoenix - What to Look for to Find the Best Criminal Defense Attorney
Good criminal defense attorneys must possess many important traits. Here will we look at just a few of those traits that make good DUI attorneys the best, as they relate to the matter of Arizona criminal laws and defenses:
• The ability to correctly interpret the law and defenses;
• Can identify those which will serve their clients defense the most effectively, under the proper circumstances;
• Has the ability to translate the issues of law into simple terms for the client;
• Is passionate about their clients being treated fairly and with respect under the law;
• Will make the time needed to tailor, build, and present a compelling defense case; every DUI or criminal charge is unique and carries its own individual set of circumstances and evidence (or lack thereof).
• A good DUI or criminal defense lawyer will exhaust all means possible to get the best outcome in their client's case such as partial or complete dismissal of charges; negotiating lesser charges; or obtaining leniency in sentencing and penalties by the court if convicted.
What You Can do to Find the Best DUI lawyer in Phoenix AZ
As you may already have learned there are so many criminal and DUI lawyers in Phoenix Metro and surrounding cities in Maricopa County that it is tough to choose from them all. And how do you know if there as good as they or their websites say they are? Here are some things to consider doing once you have narrowed your search geographically, and verified credentials and license to practice in your jurisdiction:
1) Read reviews from prior clients on the web, search engines, review sites and such;
2) Select two or three of your top picks, or more if you feel it necessary;
3) Contact at least two or three and meet with them by phone or in person;
4) Ask questions; Most DUI & Criminal defense attorneys in Phoenix AZ provide free consultations;
5) Don't be afraid to ask them about their education, defense and trial experience, credentials, and anything else that will make you feel you have found the most qualified person for the job.
Wouldn't you do these things if you were looking for a good doctor, dentist, or building contractor? Choosing the right criminal defense lawyer for your DUI or criminal charges is one of the most important decisions you make in your life. It can mean the difference between losing your freedom and getting a dismissal in your case. Take as much time as you need to feel comfortable with your choice, while keeping in mind that early retention of a criminal defense lawyer is key to a successful outcome.